Longans, Valencia Pride and Jambu!
Looks like the birds have determined that the Longans are ready. So, before they eat all of them….we’re going to start selling them.
They will be $5.00 per pound. Bring your own cutters just in case we are able to let you help us pick them.
We will be open this weekend Friday – Saturday – Sunday
Friday 1 pm to 3 pm
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Look for the yellow balloons, that will be the entrance to the farm.
We will have the following mangoes for sale;
Valencia Pride: $3.00 per pound
Carrie: $3.00 per pound
Nam Doc Mai: $3.00 per pound
Cogshall: $3.00 per pound
Graham (Julie): $3.00 per pound
Malika: $2.50 per pound
Haden: $2.00 per pound
Tommy Atkins: $2.00 per pound
And a few others.
The official address of the orchard is 60 Hilliard Lane, Merritt Island, Florida 32952. However, Google and some GPS units have a hard time finding it. If you are using a GPS, I would use the address 6845 South Tropical Trail, Merritt Island, FL 32952. This will take you to Hilliard Lane. If we are open, you will see tables and scales and probably one of us sitting in a chair under the big Oak tree.
- We don’t make the mangoes or Longans, we grow them. Mother Nature decides on the size and when they ripen.
- Please do not enter the orchard without permission. There is a big yellow sign that needs to be read before entering the orchard.
- For the most part, we will have the fruit already picked. There are opportunities to take photos in the orchard, especially with children. We think it is important to show young kids where fruit comes from and learn something about agriculture. We expect that children will behave, be accompanied by an adult and not pick fruit off the tree unless prior permission is given.
- Currently, we do not have any restroom facilities onsite. Please take care of things beforehand.
- We do not allow pets. Please leave them in your car.
- We only accept cash as a form of payment.
- If you find something cheaper at another location, simply go there. We don’t need to hear about it.
- We hear references to “bushel”, “half-bushel”, and box. We sell everything by the pound, not individual pieces. We don’t have a bushel, half-bushel, or a box price. Any specials will be noted on a sign posted by the scales.
- We cannot hold fruit and wait until you show up.
- We only open when we have something to sell, so we don’t keep regular hours. When we do open it is typically from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Any questions, call 321-243-2997
You can also follow us on Instagram. #nicksfruit